10 ways to assist you sleep better at night
A good sleep is an important part of any healthy lifestyle, helping you feel productive and ready to face anything during the next day. This article will show you ten easy tips to assist you sleep, from resisting the temptation to use the computer at night and making sure your body is at just the right temperature for great quality sleep. 10 ways to assist you sleep better at night.
- Set a routine. Settle on an everyday time each for obtaining up in the morning and reaching to bed at night. Although it’s tempting to keep pressing the snooze button on your alarm, sticking to a routine will train you to go to sleep every night at around the same time.
- Have a bath. A warm however not-too-hot bathtub will help you relax and heat you up. Another trick is to keep a series of skinny layers of bedding about as you sleep, therefore you’ll simply regulate your temperature and notice the correct one to nod off.
- Exercise. Some stretching before heading to bed will definitely help you relax (for example, 30 minutes a day for five days) and can additionally help you feel so productive. Just remember not to exercise too much before bed, as this can make it difficult to settle down – keep your stretches light and slow.
- Turn down the lights. Try to avoid an excessive amount of bright light in the couple of hours before time of day. One of the best ways in which to help you sleep better is to avoid ‘blue light’ from technology like phones and laptops, which may keep you awake and interfere with your body clock.
- Cut the caffeine. It may look like a sacrifice to cut down on your daily caffeine dose, however shift to decaf or tea when lunchtime can guarantee you’re not wired once bedtime approaches.
- Introduce a ritual. Whether it’s applying your favourite moisturiser, reading a book for 20 minutes, or drinking a cup of herbal tea, thinking up a nightly ritual to get rid of the stresses of the day is one of the best things to assist you sleep.
- Get comfortable. Investigate the different options available to find the right one for you, and if possible, try them out. A good mattress can improve your sleeping posture and make it easier to sleep soundly. Not everyone’s preferences are identical, so if you like a really firm mattress while your partner prefers a soft one, you can always try a zip or “link-up” option. This secures two mattresses with different levels of softness together, keeping you both happy!
- Listen to white noise. This may appear unreasonable, but listening to a sustained regular noise can actually stop you concentrating on the neighbours talking or your partner’s snoring. Listening to some sounds like waves or just turning on a fan are both great to help you sleep good.
- Write it down. When worries are keeping you up, this method can often help to get them out of your head, either by doing a simple to-do list or getting to the bottom of exactly what’s bothering you.
- Keep it light. Eating a big meal before heading to bed can stop you from getting to sleep easily, so look for lighter meals in the evening.