According to many studies, approximately 25% of adults are affected by varicose veins. These swollen veins, that are purple or blue in color, can be the result of prolonged standing, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, excessive weight, nutritional deficiencies, or genetic factors. It’s important to address even the slightest symptoms of varicose veins before they are accompanied by pain, heaviness, and itching. Some of the ingredients that can be easily found right in your kitchen can become great remedies for strengthening the walls of the blood vessels and improving blood circulation.
We at Scoviral present 8 simple, yet effective methods to treat and prevent the progression of varicose veins. And don’t miss our bonus at the end of this article.
8. Apple cider vinegar
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, apple cider vinegar is an excellent treatment for spider veins. It helps to bring down the swelling and improves blood flow.
- Dip a cotton ball or a piece of cloth in apple cider vinegar diluted with an equal amount of water.
- Place it over the affected veins and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day.
You can also apply cider vinegar on your skin and gently massage the area. Do this every day before going to bed and again the next morning until you see positive results. Just avoid applying too much pressure while massaging the areas.
7. Garlic, orange juice, and olive oil
Garlic contains a compound called allicin which helps to prevent blood vessels from becoming inflamed. It is also used to remove harmful toxins from your body and improve your overall health condition. Garlic works wonders in combination with orange juice and olive oil.
- Crush 6 garlic cloves and mix them with the freshly squeezed juice from 3 oranges.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the solution.
- Let it sit for about 12 hours before you use it.
- Apply the mixture on your veins for about 15 minutes in circular motions until it is fully absorbed into your skin.
- Repeat this on a daily basis.
You can also wrap the area with a cloth and leave it for 15 minutes to reduce the size of veins.
It is also recommended to regularly include garlic in your diet.
Open Next Page To See More!